Life is great at the Lake!!!My hope is that we can instill the love of reading in each of our students.Our library houses over 15,000 books and we have access to all Accelerated Reader tests. We have six computers for students to search our on-line card catalog, research and test.During the first few weeks of school, students will be taught the library rules, which will be reinforced throughout the year. Please review these rules with your child. With you and your childs help we can work together to keep great books available for all our children.
- Always handle books carefully. Keep books away from water, food and drinks.
- Keep books safe from small children and pets.
- Carry books in your book bag or use book hugs.
- Do not write or color in books.
- Do not loan your books to others.
- If you check it out, its your responsibility to keep up with it.
- Use book marks to keep your place. Never put pencils or other objects in books, and never fold the covers back to save your place.
- Return books and other materials on time so that others can use them.
- Overdue notices will be printed as needed.If you lose or damage a book, it will be need to be paid for before more can be checked out.
Check out policy:Students in good standing (with no fines or overdue books from any Sumter County School) may check out a book with a library card or bar coded homework folder or class planner. You must have the card or the bar-coded planner/ homework folder to check out a book.Easy, story collection, fiction, non-fiction, and biography books are available for student check out for a period of seven days. If you need to keep a book longer than a week, bring the book along with your library card or bar-coded planner so it can be renewed for another seven days.Reference books are labeled REF and may only be used in the media center.All students in good standing may check out one book at the time.Using the media center and its resources is a privilege. Students will be taught library manners and proper use of media center materials, and will be expected to use responsibility in the care of books, computers, and other library items.Please feel free to visit or call if you have any concerns.Media Specialist: Mrs. Peacock
MediaAssistant: Mrs. R. MerrittOffice Phone: 352-793-1093
Voicemail extension: 61220