Title I, Part A
Title I, Part A (TIPA) is the U.S. Department of Education’s largest K–12 grant program. It provides supplemental funding to help low-income schools improve the academic achievement of educationally disadvantaged students.
The District's 2020-21 2020-21 SCSB - Title I, Part A - Application
The following schools receive TIPA funds and are categorized as Title I School-wide Schools.
- BES, LPES, WES, WWES, SSMS, SPA, SSHS and WMHS
Parents are invited to participate with the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Tile I Program, the Title I School-wide Plan, the school’s Parent and Family Engagement Plan (PFEP), and how the Parent and Family Engagement funds should be used. Please contact your child's school for a schedule of School Advisory Council (SAC) meetings, as the SAC serves as the TIPA Committee.
Every school is required to have a Parent and Family Engagement Plan and Title I Schoolwide Plan. Title I Schoolwide Plans are embedded in School Improvement Plans (SIP). All plans can be accessed through the links below.
- BES - PFEP & SIP
- LPES - PFEP & SIP
- WES - PFEP & SIP
- WWES - PFEP & SIP
- SSMS - PFEP & SIP
- SPA - PFEP & SIP
- SSHS - PFEP & SIP
- WMHS - PFEP & SIP
The school district ensures the following required parent and family notifications are in a language that parents can read, a format they can access, and are delivered through a method that reaches parents. These notifictaions are distributed by individual schools.
- Individual Student Assessment Reports
- Annual Local Report Cards
- Complaint Procedures - a parent’s right to ask about a teacher’s professional qualifications, including certification level, grade assignment, and endorsement for content area
- Four Week Rule Letters - when a child is taught or is planned to be taught for four consecutive weeks, by a teacher with a limited state teacher certification and/or licensure
- Annual Title I, Part A meeting
- School Parent Compacts
- Written Parent and Family Engagement Policies
- Title I, Part A Schoolwide Plan
Resources for Families and Community Engagement