Title I, Part A
Title I, Part A (TIPA) is the U.S. Department of Education’s largest K–12 grant program. It provides supplemental funding to help low-income schools improve the academic achievement of educationally disadvantaged students.
The District's Title I, Parent Plan is embedded in the full grant application and can be accessed using the following link.
The following schools receive TIPA funds and are categorized as Title I Schoolwide Schools.
- Bushnell Elementary School
- Lake Panasoffkee Elementary School
- Wildwood Elementary School
- Webster Elementary School
- South Sumter Middle School
- South Sumter High School
- Wildwood Middle High School
- Sumter P.R.E.P. Academy
Parents are invited to participate with the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Title I Program, the Title I School-wide Plan, the school’s Parent and Family Engagement Plan (PFEP), and how the Parent and Family Engagement funds should be used. If you would like to participate please contact your child's school for a schedule of School Advisory Council (SAC) meetings, as the SAC also serves as the TIPA Committee.
Every school is required to have a Parent and Family Engagement Plan and Title I Schoolwide Plan. Title I Schoolwide Plans are embedded in School Improvement Plans (SIP). All plans can be accessed using the links below.
- BES-SIP-2021 & BES-PFEP-2021
- LPES-SIP-2021 & LPES-PFEP-2021
- WES-SIP-2021 & WES-PFEP-2021
- WWES-SIP-2021 & WWES-PFEP-2021
- SSMS-SIP-2021 & SSMS-PFEP-2021
- SPA-SIP-2021 & SPA-PFEP-2021
- SSHS-SIP-2021 & SSHS-PFEP-2021
- WMHS-SIP-2021 & WMHS-PFEP-2021
The school district ensures the following required parent and family notifications are in a language that parents can read, a format they can access, and are delivered through a method that reaches parents. These notifications are distributed by individual schools.
- Individual Student Assessment Reports
- Annual Local Report Cards
- Complaint Procedures
- Four Week Rule Letters
- Annual Title I, Part A Meeting
- School Parent Compacts
- Written Parent and Family Engagement Policies
- Title I, Part A Schoolwide Plans
All parents have the right to request information regarding the qualifications of teachers and paraprofessionals. Should you need information, please contact the school's principal for assistance.
To find additional information about individual schools please visit the following website. Know Your Schools
In order to continue to provide quality educational services, it is important that we work together in planning programs that best meet the needs of our students. We ask that you complete this annual survey. Para continuar proporcionando servicios de calidad educacionales, es importante que trabajemos juntos en la planificación de los programas que cumplen con las necesidades de nuestros estudiantes. Le pedimos que complete esta encuesta y la devuelva a/a la maestro/a de su hijo/a.