Welcome to the South Sumter High Media Center.
Amy Fussell - Media Specialist
Hours of Operation
The SSHS Media Center and Cafe is open from 8 am until 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. From time to time, there are morning meetings held in the Media Center and the opening time will be delayed.
- Students may purchase Coffee, Cappuccino, Water, and Orange Juice.
- Students may check out up to two books at a time.
- Checkout time is for 2 weeks, renewable for an additional two weeks.
- Faculty and Staff checkout time is also two weeks for books and videos; equipment may be checked out for the semester or for the year.
Printing and Photocopying
- Students with overdue books may not check out additional books
- Fines accrue at $.10 per day, but we do not begin charging fines until the amount equals at least $1.00. (Therefore, there is a 10-day grace period for overdue books.)
- Damaged and lost materials will need to be paid for so they can be replaced. A student who pays for a lost book and finds the book within 6 months will be entitled to a refund.
- There is a color photocopying machine in the Media Center and a laser printer. Students may print or photocopy up to five pages, free of charge, for any class work. Personal print jobs are $.10 per page for black & white copies and $.25 per page for color copies.
- All students and staff must adhere to international copyright guidelines and restrictions.
Degrees and Certifications: