Would you like to become a substitute for Sumter District Schools?
Sumter District Schools partner with ESS to manage our substitute program. ESS is an experienced managed services organization dedicated to providing talented and qualified substitute professionals to school districts across the nation. A leader in K-12 staffing, ESS is now managing the recruitment, hiring, training and placement of all substitute teachers and paraprofessionals for our schools. ESS offers the perfect mix of flexibility, training and support. With the ability to hand-pick assignments from a user-friendly online system, substitutes decide when, where and how often they want to work. Whether you’re just getting started or are a seasoned substitute, ESS will give you the training and support needed to enter classrooms confident and prepared.
Step 1: To gather the information needed to become a substitute in Sumter, please complete an online application. You must use Google Chrome to access the ESS website.
- Go to www.ESS.com and click Apply
- Click the Job Seeker box and then click Get Started
- Type in Sumter and then click the Apply Now box
- Select the position you would like to apply for and then click the Apply box
- Enter your e-mail address and then click the Apply box
- Click Start to begin the application process