Sumter Adult Education Center - Sumterville Site
Authorized Pearson Vue Testing Center
- Go to www.ged.com to register and schedule a test.
- Testing takes place from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- It is recommended that you schedule each test separately in order to have a break between tests. If tests are scheduled together, there is only a 10 minute break provided.
- You must register for testing using your own account (My GED) at www.ged.com.
There are four modules: Reasoning through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Social Studies, and Science. The charge for each module is $32.
The new test is based on college and career ready standards. The passing score for each module is 145.
The only option is computer-based testing.
Spanish tests are available. Choose Spanish when scheduling online.
Accommodations for documented disabilities are available. Choose YES when scheduling online. You will be prompted to provide documentation of disability.
If you are under 18, you will not be able to schedule for a test until an Underage Waiver request is provided by the Superintendent of Schools in the district where you live or go to school. Go to Under 18 Rules on this site to see additional requirements.
The official practice test, GED Ready, is also available for purchase in My GED.
2002 GED results cannot be combined with 2014 GED results.
Go to www.ged.com to schedule your test at the Sumter Adult Education Center. The Pearson Vue authorized testing center is located at 1425 CR 526A, Sumterville, FL 33585.
Five things to know about discounted retakes
“If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” That’s what we tell our students, right? Now it’s even easier with the discounted retake program.
Here are five things to know about discounted retakes:
1. Candidates who don’t pass get two discounted retakes for every subject purchased. This benefit is for every candidate - not just those who purchase all four tests at once.
2. The discounted rate is automatically calculated in the MyGED™ shopping cart – no code needed.
3. Discounted retakes are good for 12 months after the initial test attempt.
4. GED Testing Service waives their $20 testing fee, so Florida candidates are only responsible for the state fee of $12 per test.
5. Candidates can test three times on the same subject without waiting. After the third attempt, they have to wait 60 days before trying again.
To learn more about the discounted retake program, visit www.gedtestingservice.com/2014retakeprogram.Connect on Twitter at @MyGED. Get tips on how to prepare, what to expect, and to receive special offers!