Key features include:
- Outlook 2013 and Outlook Web App with 50GB of secure cloud-based email storage
- Office 2013 Web Apps (Web-based versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- OneDrive for Business with 1TB of secure cloud-based file storage
- Office 2013 Pro Plus licensing options for students
Why has the District migrated to Office 365?
We have used Microsoft's Exchange server for years but hosting them locally has limited e-mail to Faculty and Staff. It has also required much maintenance and constant updating due to limitations in hard drive capacity.
- Microsoft now offers educational institutions e-mail and collaboration tools,Office 365, at little or no cost. Office 365 provides these tools without the need for additional software, hardware, or storage equipment. Microsoft’s technicians and engineers manage all aspects of security, system updates, and data backups. They maintain a 99% uptime guarantee.
- The Florida Department of Education has adopted Office 365, and it is rapidly gaining ground in school districts, colleges, and universities.
- Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, Office 365 is built on the industry-standard Exchange email platform and Microsoft Office productivity suite (Word, Excel, etc.), which integrate natively to the most common computing devices (desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones) and operating systems (Windows, Mac OS, and iOS).
- We can now offer all students e-mail, on-line file storage and collaboration with their teachers and other students.