Home Schooling in Sumter County is expanding, offering families more exciting options and greater flexibility. Beginning August 15, 2011, Sumter Virtual School will be providing core courses on-line to middle and high school students at no cost to you!
Sumter Virtual School is a franchise of Florida Virtual School (FLVS) with quality coursework provided by the nation’s leader in virtual education. Sumter Virtual School provides benefits such as:
1) CORE (math, science, reading, English, social studies) virtual courses offered at grades 6-12,
2) courses taught by local teachers,
3) all students in virtual classes from Sumter County,
4) no waiting list for courses,
5) email, phone, and on-line communication, as well as the opportunity for face-to- face activities.
Interested? Sound exciting? Sign up now!
Verify that you are in good standing in home education by calling Jean Holstein at 793-2315, extension 211. If your evaluations are up to date, she will clear you for Step 2.
Go to http://flvs.net.
- Create a student account for your child/student. Student’s school is “Home Schooled Sumter.”
- Log out from the student account and create a parent/guardian account for yourself.
- Select courses. You will see “Sumter Virtual School” as a choice each time you select classes. Selecting a Sumter Virtual course gives you the wonderful FLVS courses with the additional benefits listed above! If Sumter Virtual does not offer the course you are looking for, you can select FLVS for more options.
- Parent/guardian will approve the course under their account.
- Your child/student will be placed on a course requested list.
- A teacher will be assigned and will contact both you AND your child/student for a Welcome Call to familiarize you with the program and the many opportunities it presents.
We hope you will take advantage of this free learning opportunity that provides quality instruction from your home.